For those parents who will personally accompany their daughter to Camp Overbrook, we will be happy to receive you on Saturday, July 8, 2017 between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
For those campers arriving alone, we will be happy to pick them up ONLY at the Providence Airport (T.F. Green) between 12:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 8, 2017. Please email the flight information one week in advance to email@example.com.
For those parents who will personally arrive to pick up their daughter, we will be happy to receive you on Saturday, August 4, 2017 between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
The departure of your daughter from Camp Overbrook should be made for Saturday, August 4, 2017 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. leaving ONLY from the Providence Airport (T.F.Green).
It is not permitted that campers finish the program before the established final date. We would insist that these exceptions not be submitted.
Communication with families
Camp Overbrook considers it essential that all our campers keep in regular contact with their families. Therefore, we have designed the following system to keep them in touch with you.
- We will have a weekly phone call. Once your daughter is placed in her section, an email will be sent to you notifying you of her section number and the cell phone number that you will be calling.
- You are also able to call your daughter on the following dates: her birthday and her father’s and mother’s birthdays.
- Mail and packages will be distributed daily. We request that you refrain from sending items that have the potential to distract your daughter or other campers. Letters are very special to them.
- Your daughter will have access to internet twice a week. Either to send and receive emails or communicate through social media (Facebook, Facetime, Whats app, Skype, etc.). She may bring an electronic device for this with the apps that you have approved. She will not be able to download any apps during the camp. However, this device should not be considered to be her camera. If she would like to bring a camera she may.
Web Site and Facebook
- Check our web site on a regular basis for updates on the activities of the Camp.
Communication with the Directress and Staff
If you would like to speak to the directress of Camp Overbrook, Mrs. Caren Colombi, please contact her Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. For any emergencies, she will also be available when needed.
- The Directress may also be reached by e-mail through the contact form
- During the camp´s first day you will receive an email with the information about your daughter´s Instructor of formation, she is the one in charge of the section and the one you can address with any comments and concerns regarding your daughter.
- If you have specific questions that our staff may be able to help you with, you may contact them at the following email addresses:
Secretary – Sherri Hoyle………..………………...…..firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean of Academics – Susan Mansfield…………………email@example.com
Personal Account Coordinator ..................................firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreign language program
The language that will be used among the campers is English. They will be encouraged to speak English at all times.
Laundry and Clothing
- A specific camper ID number has been assigned to your daughter.
- Please make sure your daughter marks all of her personal belongings with this number. As the campers in Camp Overbrook are provided laundry service, this number will ensure that her clothes are returned to her in a timely manner.
- Laundry will be picked up daily and returned within 2 days.
- All clothes must be able to be both washed and dried by machine.
- No tight fitting clothes or shirts bearing the midriff will be accepted.
- Campers should not bring, DVD Players or computers to the Camp. In this way your daughter will be able to focus on the camp’s program and take full advantage of her time here. In the event that a student does bring one of these electronic devices, it will be stored in the administration office and returned to her at the end of the camp.
- Each camper is welcome to bring a camera for her use. iPods and iPhones will not be permitted for use as cameras.
- Campers may bring an iPod, iPad or Smartphone to communicate via Wi-fi with their families. No SIM cards allowed. These devices will be stored in administration and will be given to the campers at their internet time. If a camper does not bring a device we will provide access to a computer or Ipad at least once a week.
Camp Overbrook campers are offered the following medical services:
Fully equipped with emergency medical supplies and non-prescription medications
- When a camper is not feeling well they are welcome to visit the nurse. Campers receive a pass from their counselors when a visit to the nurse is needed.
- All staff and instructors are trained and certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid.
- Non-prescription medications are available to the campers through the counselors and instructors when required. All parents need to sign the form giving consent for their daughter to be given medication when necessary.
- Any specific medication requested by the camp physician (antibiotics, etc.) is purchased and charged to the camper’s personal account
- Any camper who is on a prescription medication must bring a written prescription from her doctor.
Camp Overbrook maintains a contract with Bald Hill Pediatrics.
- A member of Bald Hill Pediatrics visits Camp Overbrook on a frequent basis to see any campers who are sick. All medical records are kept in a secured file in the nurse’s office. All visits to the doctor will be charged to the camper’s personal account.
The following expenses should be paid directly to Oak Management, Inc. through your local Oak office:
- Tuition: paid before coming.
Personal Account: We appreciate the regular maintenance of your daughter’s personal account in order to be able to offer her every service we have available.
- The personal account must always maintain a minimum balance of $100.00. This amount will be returned to you with your daughter at the end of the camp.
- Deposits can be made to the personal account in the following way: