Camp Horizons is one of the formative programs offered by Overbrook Academy.
It is a month long international Catholic summer camp to immerse girls ages 8-15 in the United States, New England culture, the English and French language and a fun, summer camp experience. It follows the Overbrook integral formation style, accompanying each camper in her human & spiritual growth, academic learning and service outreach. The virtues we specifically foster are trust, exploration, rising up, and joy.
About this course
We recognize that attending a month long summer camp in another country is a challenge! We want to encourage all the young women that come to our camp to be brave and to take advantage of their time.
Four main aspects will be promoted during the camp, in line with the four areas of formation of Overbrook Academy:
- Trust: Camp Horizons seeks to be a safe place where girls can feel at home to be themselves, make new friends, & grow. (Anchor)
- Explore: we encourage all campers to explore as much as possible- into new cultures, new skills, new friendships, new adventures (Book)
- Rise Up: growth happens when we step outside our comfort zone to try something new! Counselors & staff are always present to motivate the campers to give their best to rise up the challenge of a new skill. (Tree)
- Joy: The goal of our camp is that each camper has the best summer possible & that she becomes a witness of that joy to her friends and family. (Lighthouse)
Our ordinary Schedule includes the following:
During the month, there will be seven different outing days. The outing days and locations might vary according to COVID regulations and group size allowed at that location.
* The rotation of the days depends on the track and crew that each camper belongs to.